The next couple of days will be very critical as will be going to various cluster meetings finding out where the greatest needs are. We will also be going closer to the epicenter as we have heard there is no one caring for the needs there. Within the next couple of days we should know what types of teams and supplies will be needed. We should also have a budget together (for mission teams) and a general idea of where teams could be housed here in Kathmandu.
Please continue to pray for the following:
1. That the gospel of Jesus Christ is preached and received by the people of Nepal like never before. (Romans 1:16)
2. That God would ready mission teams to come and serve the people here. (1 John 3:18)
3. For God's wisdom in all we say, do, and plan. (James 1:15)
4. That God will continue to provide financially and spiritually for these hurting and broken people.." (Genesis 22:13-14)
5. That the government will allow relief organizations to work freely without governmental corruption. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
6. That God will send legions of angels armies to be by the side of our missionaries and team as we continue to serve here. (Matthew 26:53)
In closing, you will notice the Picture of "The chariot of Bunga Dyah." The earthquake happened during the chariot festival where these large idols are created and worship all over the Nepal. Many believe that the gods were angry and caused this earthquake to come. Even still today, people are lighting candles and worshiping this falling god.
This so reminds me of how Elijah mocked the prophets of Baal in 1 Kings 18:27: "Call out with a loud voice, for he is a god; either he is occupied or gone aside, or is on a journey, or perhaps he is sleeping, and needs to be awakened."
May we continue to cry out to the living God Elijah's prayer in 1 Kings 18:37: "Answer me, O Lord, answer me, that this people may know You, O Lord, are God, and that you have turned their heart back again."
Until the last one hears,
Pastor Brent Kaser
Founder/Director of Promise Child